Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Purple-ishous Party!

Shayne's Birthday Party

Braylee had been talking about going to my cousin's birthday party for a good solid week. She was so excited that there was going to be a "Purple Guest" that was going to show up. She kept telling everyone that she was going to a birthday party and Barney was coming too! We went to the store and bought her a purple outfit so she would match, and I let her pick out Shayne's present. I was excited that she was finally coming out of her little shell and was going to play with the other girls her age...boy was I wrong! This is what happened when we got to the party. She clung to me so tight and when I walked up to say hi to Barney, she burst into tears!




Look at the scowl on her face!



She didn't want anything to do with anybody. Notice who is wearing the purple boa! Me! They were handing them out at the door, and she would even go near it.





After about an hour I finally got her to smile for about 3 seconds. Then it was right back to the scowl!






She was, however very excited to give Shayne her present!





And she was her normal happy self as soon as we left:) Silly girl!






And I had to throw in a picture of Tyson cause he was looking so cute!


2 comments:

Brett Shirley said...

HAHAHA!!! That is so funny! I do love her outfit though.

Tara Shirley said...

Oops, that comment was from me. I didn't realize Brett was signed in.