Tuesday, March 10, 2009



I was supposed to be induced on February 10th, but Tyson had a different plan! I woke up on Sunday morning (Feb. 8th) with some pretty intense contractions. I started timing them and they were not even close to being regular. So, we went on with our day, went to church and by the time we got home from church the contractions were getting worse, but still irregular. I called the hospital and told them my symptoms and the nurse said if the contractions are not five minutes apart for at least two hours than it is false labor. So we went to my parents for dinner, and by this time I wanted to cry every time I had a contraction. The had part was that I had been having Braxton Hicks contraction for five months and I just thought they were getting more intense. Boy was I wrong!! At about 8:00 p.m. we left my parents house and I knew we couldn't wait any longer. We rushed home to pack a bag. I didn't think we had time to drop Braylee off to the in-laws, so we took her with us to the hospital. She kept asking all the nurses if they could make mommies back feel better. It was really cute! When I got in my room all the nurses were casually walking around and didn't really think I was in labor. I knew they were wrong when I saw the look on the nurses face who checked me. Immediately there were nurses running in and out of my room and they told me I was ready to start pushing and I did not have time for any sort of pain medication!!!! Now I am sure you can imagine the look on my face! My in-laws were on there way to pick up Braylee and just as I began to push, they showed up! Skylar ran her out to them and was back just in time for him to come out. He arrived at 10:12 p.m. Needless to say I will never trust a nurse that tells me I am experiencing false labor again! And to anyone who wants to try "natural child birth" just to see what it is like...I wouldn't suggest it. It's no picnic!! But he is here and is such a sweet little boy.

4 comments:

Krista and Aaron said...

Love the family photos! Tyson is a doll. Cant wait to see you guys again!

The Razzle Dazzle Family said...

Congrats on the new arrival of you new little guy. I love your family picture of the 4 of you, it is way cute.
You are an amazing women Kylee I could NOT have done it natrual.
Your kids are darling. Congrats again.
Little boys are so much fun, we are loving having one in our family.

Brock and Whitnie said...

Rockstar. That's all I have to say! He's so cute, I love him!

Mallory said...

I love your family pictures. You have a very handsome family. I can't believe all of his hair!! And, Kudos to you for having a natural child birth!!! Congratulations